These are the brownies. The. Brownies. Sure, it takes three bowls, but look at that fudgy layer under that crispy layer! And yeah, I added salted caramel sauce. It was the next logical step. If I’d had ice cream, I’d have done that too. HOWEVER! […]
I do not like banana splits. Just give me the ice cream!
I’ve had Bananas Foster once, but I prefer apple crisp.
But my friends served this dessert a couple of weeks ago, and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it!
It’s like a song that got stuck in my head. And the only way to stop obsessing about the creamy mascarpone and drizzly caramel was to make my own. Obviously.
The banana isn’t just a vehicle for the cheese and caramel, either! The textures pair perfectly, and the banana and mascarpone blend together in a creamy, soft goodness.
Maybe I should take another look at bananas, huh?
Bananas with Honeyed Mascarpone & Caramel Sauce
Makes 6-8 portions
8 oz Mascarpone cheese
1 tbsp honey
6-8 ripe bananas
Whip the mascarpone and the honey until everything is thoroughly incorporated and fluffy. Put a dollop of the cheese on a plate, and top with a banana and generous amount of caramel sauce.
How on earth has another year passed already?
My child, my amazing child, is READING HIS OWN BIRTHDAY CARDS!!
Obviously that’s not the only difference this last year has made, but I’d say that’s a pretty exciting difference. Wouldn’t you?
*Who am I kidding, I wish I was half as stylish as this kid!
And about 4 inches of vertical growth! I think I may have to keep up this feeding him thing…
By the way, I really need to thank Alton Brown for the most amazing Angel Food Cake recipe ever. The birthday boy was especially pleased.
A few notes about the recipe:
1. I didn’t have cake flour, so I made my own by measuring a cup of all purpose flour, and then taking two tablespoons out. I then added two tablespoons of cornstarch and mixed well.
2. I didn’t really wait for the egg whites to reach room temperature. I forgot. But it was just fine!
3. I used vanilla extract because that’s what I had. But it was just fine!
4. I used my new oven. This has no bearing on the recipe, per se, I’m just really excited about it still.
5. I served this cake with home made whipped cream, sliced strawberries, and homemade caramel sauce. Yeah mama!