How on earth has another year passed already?
You know what is the biggest difference between last year and this year?
My child, my amazing child, is READING HIS OWN BIRTHDAY CARDS!!
Obviously that’s not the only difference this last year has made, but I’d say that’s a pretty exciting difference. Wouldn’t you?
Other changes include:
A gorgeous niece added to the family.
A newly developed sense of…ahem…style*.
*Who am I kidding, I wish I was half as stylish as this kid!
And about 4 inches of vertical growth! I think I may have to keep up this feeding him thing…
By the way, I really need to thank Alton Brown for the most amazing Angel Food Cake recipe ever. The birthday boy was especially pleased.
A few notes about the recipe:
1. I didn’t have cake flour, so I made my own by measuring a cup of all purpose flour, and then taking two tablespoons out. I then added two tablespoons of cornstarch and mixed well.
2. I didn’t really wait for the egg whites to reach room temperature. I forgot. But it was just fine!
3. I used vanilla extract because that’s what I had. But it was just fine!
4. I used my new oven. This has no bearing on the recipe, per se, I’m just really excited about it still.
5. I served this cake with home made whipped cream, sliced strawberries, and homemade caramel sauce. Yeah mama!
1 thought on “And Another”
Oh my goodness, he’s getting so big! I’ve only been gone like 2 years and he’s grown like 2 feet, I swear! Wow. Thanks for the tips on the angel food cake – my mom makes one every year for my brothers’ birthday, and they’ve always seemed so intimidating!